Thursday, June 19, 2008

Caught Himself

Our water heater had turned itself off, so I was in the utility closet changing the settings and turning it back on when Zachary discovered me. The door was closed, so he couldn't get in, but he could see me (the door isn't solid, it's one of those ones with slats.) When I finished and was ready to come out, Zachary was standing outside the door leaning against it. I was trapped! I turned the knob and started applying gentle pressure. The door was open about 3 inches when Zachary lost his balance. I pulled the door quickly closed to get it out of his way, and he made a slow fall, twisting to try to land on his hands (!!). I thought for sure he was going to fall straight backwards, but he didn't! He fussed for a moment or two and then all was well.

No comments: