Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Haircut

Zachary got his first haircut on December 4th. Curtis had been wanting to cut it for a while but I had been resisting. How could anyone contemplate cutting off all those curls?? But the long hair in the front and over the ears finally got to me. So I cut the bangs and the hair over the ears and left the hair in the back long so he would still have curls. Curtis and I looked at the result and decided it looked too much like a mullet! I didn't cut off all the curls (I just couldn't!) but most of the long hair is gone.

Before:



After:


He looks so grown up!!

3 comments:

Laurie and Bill said...

He's adorable either way! Love that smile!

Shhh, don't tell anyone, I never cut my son's hair until he was almost 5 years old. It really wasn't that long though, because he was pure bald until he was over 2 years old.

He's almost 19 yo and has short, short, buzz cuts only. LOL! I miss the curls. I know he still has them though. He went to college and came home begging for a hair cut, because HORRORS, the curls were coming in!

Jennifer said...

Before you cut your son's hair, did people get confused whether he was a girl or a boy? About half the time, people thought Zachary was a girl! I couldn't understand it. That's part of the reason DH wanted to cut his hair. Now he looks SO little boyish, I HOPE no one gets confused!

That's too funny that your son keeps his hair short short now, lol!

Laurie and Bill said...

Oh, I think they might have confused him as a girl from time to time. I can't remember.

Your little guy looks very boyish with the haircut, I don't think people will make that mistake anymore!